Monday, November 28, 2011

6 Hour Drive!!!

A short while ago, me and my family went for a 6 hour drive to Taranaki (this is my home town) for my aunties funereal. She was buried in a coffin made of flax as surprising as it sounds, she weaved it.
It was my first time coming into Taranaki to meet the rest of my family, I meet my uncle Ropata (he’s a true Maori) I meet most of my cousins and my Nana's and gran-pa's and every body else.
I knew that I would be shocked when I saw my aunties body and I was but not as much.
I really want to go back for Christmas holidays to see my cousins, my uncles and aunties.
Everyone was crying after the funeral and I never wanted to leave my auntie but I had too.
When we left to go home the next day, I really really wanted to cry cause it had been to long for me stay and not want to go home.
I said “I will miss you guys”
My uncle said “We will miss all of you too”
“BYE” said my mum
“BYE” they all said
“I hope we get to go there again”
“Me too, did you have fun with the girls”
“Yes”
“Then we might as well go in the Christmas holidays”
“YEEP” i screamed

No comments: